November 16, 2008

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Loaf Bread

This is for all of you pumpkin loving maniacs out there (aka Meredith). This is a delicious recipe that my mom made for our family around the holidays each year. It is especially yummy when served warm with some butter smeared across the top.

1 1/2 c sugar
1/4 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
3/4 t salt
1 2/3 c flour or gf all-purpose flour
1/2 t cloves
1/2 t nutmeg
1/2 t all spice
*or 2 t pumpkin pie spice instead of the above 3 spices*
2 eggs
1 c canned pumpkin
1/3 c water
1/2 c oil
12 oz (or more ;) chocolate chips
1/2 c almonds or walnuts

Mix together the dry ingredients then mix together the wet ingredients. Combine the wet and dry and then add in the chocolate chip and nuts.

Bake 350
Regular bread pan: 1 hours and 15 minutes
Mini loaf pan: 50 minutes
Muffins: 18 minutes
Mini muffins: 13 minutes

So good. Enjoy!

1 comments from people we love:

Meredith said...

I actually DID know and notice that you posted this, and I cannot figure out why I never commented. I'm completely sorry!

I will definitely have to try this, though I'm not sure how pumpkin and chocolate chips will go together.... I feel the same way about banana bread and chocolate chips. They just don't seem like they should go together. Maybe I'll just have to be brave and do it.