March 18, 2009

My Amazing Hubby

The Title says it all


But in case you are wondering why I feel this way perhaps I should tell you so I don't leave you guessing.


He makes amazingly delicious meals. I like to buy the ingredients at the store when I know he's going to be home to put them away when I return. It's like a game of guess-what-I want-you-to-cook. He starts putting the groceries away and says "So, I see you want Parmesan Chicken." Yes, Please!


He makes me laugh. Everyday. Even on days we don't like each other so much. He isn't scared of being his goofy self. He'll do his Blue Feet dance when I take the boys to see him at the station, simply because they yell out in delight, "BLUE FEET!" That makes him adorable.


He is very intelligent. Of course, he studies relentlessly. He wants to be the very best he can be in all aspects of his life and works really hard to be that person. He is not only book-smart and easily retains what he learns, he also has common sense and uses it wisely. I love that about him.


Almost every morning he's home he makes the bed. I don't like to make the bed. He takes pride in keeping our things nice. And now, I like to make the bed because it makes him feel warm and fuzzy inside.


Everyday I see him he spoils me. He walks me to my car when I leave for work and gets the gate for me. When the baby wakes up at night he gets him so I can feed him. Our home is clean when I get home-because he likes it clean, and so I don't have to worry about working and then coming home and working some more.

After almost 6 years of marriage he still can't keep his hands off me. When I ask him if my butt looks big in these jeans he tells me No, I look beautiful. He doesn't lie to avoid hurting my feelings, he lies because he wants me to feel good about myself. :) I love that I still have to say, "Honey, not in front of the kids." He cuddles with me at night. He hugs me constantly and is so playful. He makes me feel like I'm in High School and in love for the first time.

He plays with the boys. They go on walks. They play video games together. He bathes them and feeds them dinner. He reads them stories and helps with schooling. There is no such thing as the "wife's role" or the "husband's role." He does it all, and with grace.

His freckles (angel kisses) are adorable. Especially when he blushes. They keep him youthful.

He is so handsome. His eyes intense. I love looking at photos of him when he's looking at the camera. It's like he's looking into the depths of me. I can always hear what his eyes are saying.

He loves his family and would do anything for them. Now that his Paramedic class has finished, I'm excited for all the time that we will be able to spend with his family. His parents did a fabulous job raising him and instilling values in him. I could never have asked for more in a man and husband.

Even though life is crazy and busy he still goes after his dreams. He betters himself with the chances he's given. He just finished Paramedic Class. A class that met for a year and a half. A class that required an additional 500 hours of unpaid time during these past 9-10 months working in different departments in the hospital and on fire trucks and ambulances. He completed his 500 hours before graduation, and didn't get free credit for even 1 hour that he didn't do. He worked hard and knows his stuff. He accomplished one of his dreams. I am so proud of him!

He supports me and my goals and dreams. He might not understand or agree with my dreams or my logic, but he supports me 100%. He goes to church with me because he knows it means the world to me. He is my greatest supporter.

These are just some of the reasons I love my hubby. He is amazing. He is the light of my life. He is one of the greatest things I have in my life. I am so grateful he's a part of who I am and that I get to spend the rest of my life with him.

2 comments from people we love:

Meredith said...

Awww.....so sweet!

Bryce & Cherise said...

Awe! that just makes me think of how much i love My hubby too!!! :) You two are so adorable!