November 24, 2013

A Bit About Me

Going around on Facebook is a little information session about oneself.  You get assigned a number by a friend, I've seen 8-35, and then you must write that many things about yourself.  At first I thought it was going to be really difficult.  But as I started writing, I realized it was easier than I thought it would be.  And then I realized how much even my friends probably don't know about me.

A problem that I have recently discovered that I have is that I am too personal and closed off to those around me.  Okay, I don't know if I would call that a problem exactly, but it definitely doesn't help with making friends.  Let's face it, the quiet people don't normally make friends as easily as those who are outgoing, even though we want friends just the same.

That being said, this is me.  Being a bit more outgoing than I typically am.  Some of these may be the same from my Facebook number,  so I apologize if you've already read that.

- I get nervous talking to people. What I would like to say comes out as verbal vomit mixed with lots of drool.  The spoken words aren't nearly as intelligent as the thought out words that never made it out of my mouth.  I'll try once or twice, then just stay quiet.

- Due to the above, I seldom start a conversation.  I'll talk with somebody if they address me, but beware of verbal vomit.  This makes me seem standoffish.  I don't want to be that way.

- I love a quiet home.  I get easily overwhelmed by noise and activity.  So my home tends to be more mellow and quiet.

- I love going to bed early and getting lots of sleep.  But let's be real.  I enjoy even more the peace and quiet of the evening after my children have gone to bed.  So more often than not, I am staying awake until midnight or later just so I can have some Me Time.

- I am overweight.  Not by much.  But there is it.  I get frustrated when people tell me I look great and don't need to lose weight.  They don't see the number on the scale ... or me naked.  If they saw either, they may change their minds.

- Working on my family history is my passion.  This is typically what I am doing when I should be sleeping.  The biggest frustration I have is that a great deal of research has been done by a couple lines in my family.  The problem is that I must have cooties, because nobody is willing to share.  Yes, I can find dates, names, and locations on my own.  But I will never have the photos and personal stories that others already have.  That isn't something records will give me.  And instead of building upon research that has been done, I feel like I'm reinventing the wheel.

- I hate driving at night.  My vision and my depth perception are not the best.  Driving at night makes me nervous.

- I love to drink water, Perrier, and hot chocolate.  I seldom drink anything else.  Oh yea, I don't like soda.

- I may not like soda, but I love movie theater popcorn.  Extra butter throughout, please; and don't forget the salt.  To go along with that, I love going to see a movie.  It is one of my favorite things to do.

- I don't feel as though I have accomplished anything that I have set out to do.  Those goals ... yea, I failed.  

- I have wrinkles and zits.  Great combination.

- I sing in the shower when I think nobody can hear me or if I think they aren't listening.  We all sound good in the shower, right?

- I love dishes.  I have 3 sets.  I'm looking for a 4th, something with turquoise.  And I'm still keeping my eyes open for the perfect set of china.  Oh yea, and I would love a set of silver that comes in a special wooden box.

- I may or may not have a slight obsession with things of the past.  Things like old china and silver, vintage inspired clothing, old music, and fabulous old keys.

- In addition to vintage inspired clothing, I also really enjoy the Steampunk fashion. I don't own any, but I really like it.

- I have never dyed my hair.  Mostly for 2 reasons.  #1, I'm cheap.  #2, I know my mother wouldn't approve.  

- I chose quality.  I've stopped buying cheap.  The cheap clothes, vacuum, and washing machine have all fallen apart and broke before their life should have been up.  Now I will go without instead of settling for something in the meantime.  

- Fix it and Do it Yourself?  I'm not that crafty, resourceful, or patient.  I pay too much to have somebody else do it for me.  Then again, perhaps not.  I bet I save money just paying somebody else to do it, instead of first spending the money to do it myself and then paying again to have it redone. 

- I love the stars.  I think they are romantic and peaceful.  I love the mythology behind them, and I enjoy learning the star names.  In fact, there's a part of me that still believe I'm made out of star dust.  It is the stars that brought my husband and I together, and we married at an observatory.

- I love the snow and the cold blustery days that go with it.  The snow is beautiful.  Peaceful.  Clean.  Glimmering.  Refreshing.  When the streets are packed white, heavy flakes falling from the sky, with a glowing pink sky and lights twinkling about ... that is heaven to me.  It is perfection.

- I would spend hours in a super hot bathtub, with candles lit around me and soft music playing.  That is, if I had a bathtub.  Ours broke about 5 years ago and we haven't been able to replace it yet.  I miss my soaking tub.

- I get along with the guys better than I get along with the girls.  For the most part I prefer their company.  But I have to watch myself because I come across as flirty.  And being married, it's not really appropriate for me to hang out with the guys anymore. Bummer.  But I wouldn't want my Honey to hang out with with ladies for fun.  It's a fair sacrifice.

- My actual shirts take up about a foot of space in my closet.  And I don't like 97% of them.  I may not have a lot of clothing, but I'm slowly starting to buy pieces that I love.  Very slowly. Pants?  I own 1 pair of jeans.  This may be an area I need to pay more attention to.

- I want a super close family with my siblings and cousins.  I've learned this needs to be wanted by both sides.

- I love hiking and camping.

- I love sweets.  I could devour them all day and not feel guilty about it.

- I am not as spiritual as I would like to be.  But it feels good trying.

- I actually want to drive a minivan.  

- I have the long hair I've been wanting ... and have no idea how to style it!

- I want to go back to school.  In fact, I would love to take a class a semester.  Even if it was just to continue learning.

- I love reading but don't do it as often as I'd like.  My world stops when I have a book in my hands.  My children need my world to keep spinning.

- My children are my life.  I'm not ready to have them all out of the house.  I feel like I should still have them at home with me for a while.

- I love my husband.  I adore him.  He's my best friend.  My day is so much more enjoyable when he's home.  We act like kids when we're together.  Our time together is filled with laughing, playing, joking, and snuggling.  We've been married 10 years.  How can time move this quickly?

- I have a fairly simple life.  But this simple life has been filled with joy.  I feel that my family has been blessed with happiness because of this.

- I have been accused of being a name collector.

- I hate crying.  If I cry it's normally when the lights are out or I'm alone.  My family called me the Weeping Stone.

- I would love a home on some land.  Without a nearby neighbor. With a clear view of the night sky.  Preferably in the snowy mountains on the edge of a lake.

- I want to live in Germany.  Or Montana.

- I want to be able to interpret ASL, but I get too nervous every time I have the opportunity.  I also want to be fluent in German, but again - I get too nervous to speak it with somebody every time I have the opportunity. 

- I taught myself the violin and piano.  Now I want a cello.

- Goonies is my favorite movie.

- I love to help other people.  Asking for help is difficult.

- One of the things I want most is to travel ... especially with my family.



That's all the random stuff I can think about me at this time.




0 comments from people we love: