May 18, 2008

Death of a Friend



Poor, Poor Tinkerbell. This was my favorite mug. I used it several times a day for my hot chocolate fix. Last night i got my cup down for a hot glass of V8 juice. Cody came over goofing off and knocked the mug out of my hand. Right before my eyes, my favorite mug hit the floor, shattering half of it.

I know this seems ridiculous, but i cried. It was as if i had lost one of my friends. I bought this cup when Cody was a baby. It has gone with me through so many stages of my life. My Tinkerbell mug has always been there for me filled with warm comfort on days that i was sick, days that were bad, days that i just needed a moment of peace. And in a flash, my little mug was swept up and staring back at me from the bottom of my trash can.

Cody cried, too. He felt terrible. At first he thought he was in trouble. He went into his room for a few minutes then came out to apologize. I told him i knew it was an accident and it was all right. He suggested Ebay. We looked, nothing. My friend was gone. And all day today all i've heard from Zack is "Mom, i'm sorry Cody broke your favorite cup." Me too, Zack. Me too.

I don't mean to be dramatic, but i'm really sad. It was just one of those things that for some odd reason i cherished. I miss my Tinkerbell mug.

1 comments from people we love:

Meredith said...

Awww, poor thing! I've been attached to "stuff" too. It's not weird. It's sweet and sentimental. That mug has been with you through many times in your life and I'm sure you have many memories attached to it. So go ahead...mourn. :)