May 21, 2008

Flowers

Okay. I am the first to admit that i am not a Gardner. I do not have a green thumb. But while working on the electrical stuff this weekend i got a little bored/frustrated. That and Josh was gone for 4 days and that always seems to be the best time to start numerous projects. Simply because no one is here to stop me or say i should wait. Or to say that we should only do one project at a time-even though i know that's true.
But while taking a little break from wiring i went out onto our deck to enjoy the warm, beautiful weather we were having. I looked down and immediately thought, i can do better. So i grabbed the boys and we went to Viola's, our local nursery.
Um . . . i got a little carried away i guess? Though i am going to go back next week and grab some annuals for more color. Almost everything i bought will bloom-or is about to bloom. Even the pansy's are perennials. The cedar chips smell so nice and added the perfect finishing touch, well, the scalloped border also helped.
What can i say, i use to work at a floral store. Naturally i wanted flowers at my own home! Now i'm just excited to see what it will look like in a month when everything really starts to grow and spread. And who knows, maybe very soon i'll do another one of our flower beds. For really having no experience i thought i did pretty good. Oh, and Josh said he really likes it-though he thinks i should probably stop watching HGTV and reading Better Homes and Gardens for a little while. I can't help myself!

7 comments from people we love:

Stephanie said...

cute bog!!! I also love your playlist. In fact, I stole a few songs off of it for my blog. :) Glad to have you on my list... your blog looks great!

Jen-ben said...

i kill flowers every year. Yours look FAB!

Stephanie said...

Just so you know, you got me into the Finding Neverland soundtrack. I want to get the sheet music, those songs are beautiful!!! Anyway, thought you might like to know that, so... thanks! Hope all is well.

Chrystal said...

I actually stole that song from jenni foo foo! I really want to get the soundtrack/sheet music, too.

Meredith said...

You rock! I don't have a green thumb, either. I wish I did, and I wish I had the time for stuff like that. I'm lucky to even cut the grass (when Eric's not home).

Stephanie said...

Chrystal, I'm about to do a search online and see if I can find a place to order that sheet music. I'll let you know if I find something!

Stephanie said...

Hey! I was only able to find sheet music for Park on Piano and the Mr. Barrie song. I found them both on www.musicnotes.com I was able to download the sheet music for only 4.95 and it's written well, sounds just like the original song and in the same key, 6 pages long including a cover and it will send you a file for you to click on then print out. Anyway, hope that helps! I'd still like to find the other songs. Especially the Peter one... so pretty!