November 26, 2008

Where did all the stars go?

When you were a kid, do you remember watching the animated Christmas movies? It seems as though all the movies i remember had a magical scene. A scene when all the characters were outside gathered together around a huge Christmas tree. And then that one special person or animal received the honor of being lifted up above the others so they could place the glowing star on top of the Christmas tree.
Where did that huge, glowing star go? For the past 5 years i have wondered where the stars went. They aren't online. They aren't in stores. They aren't in catalogs. All that are to be found are these cheap, little, plastic stars-and most of them one-sided. I'm looking for that crazy-bright, 5-pointed, 3-dimensional star for the top of my Christmas tree. And here we are, 6 years of searching and still that magical star from my childhood has eluded me. Is it too much to ask for that magical star? Will the top of my tree ever be so bright that it could act as a lighthouse in a storm? If i could ask Santa Claus for just one thing, it would be for a magical Christmas tree star for the top of my tree.

2 comments from people we love:

Meredith said...

Good question. I'd like something that magical and special for our tree...

chelle said...

I guess we will just have to make our own magic. Love your new wallpaper. m