January 12, 2009

In a . . . Funk


Do you ever get in one of those moods when everything seems bad or wrong? I've been in one of those moods this past week. I'm not sure if what I'm seeing or feeling is real or if it's a product of my mood. Or maybe it is real and that is why I'm in a . . . funk.

On a positive note, it has got me thinking and has thrown me into quite the productive swing of things. I guess I feel like I'm going to "fix" or "make better" all I can. So (Josh, sorry if you're reading this) I replaced 3 of the outlets in our home today (Josh prefers if I don't tear apart the house when he's gone). I wasn't as successful as I was last time-but they're replaced.

You may be wondering why the replacement was not as successful. Well, previous holes in the wall where the old plugs were didn't allow for as snug a fit for the new plugs as I was hoping. The only solution is to patch the existing hole and cut a new one that is of correct size. I don't know how to patch holes . . . yet. Ah-Ha! I have found my next challenge-learn how to patch holes.

I decided I will also be teaching myself how to apply caulking around the trim in my front rooms tonight. Just another one of those things that's driving me crazy at the moment. (Hopefully Josh doesn't read this tonight. hee hee)

Okay ladies, why is it that we ask our hubbies to do all the fix-it work instead of doing it ourselves? We are just as capable of learning how to do it as they are. And instead of being frustrated with hubby because they didn't get it done when we wanted them to do it - we get to award ourselves for a job that was completed just as we would have wanted it. Seriously, why not Mrs. Fix-It?

:::Sigh::: I suppose that until I perk up I'll continue to take it out on my house. Any suggestions for what to change next?

3 comments from people we love:

chelle said...

This is such a good question. I think I ask my hubcap because of the picture incident.

So now I guess I have to tell about the picture incident. I hung a picture on the wall above our stair case. It looked great and I was very pleased with myself. Then one day, when Jim was walking down the stairs, crash! The picture came down right in front of him. I think that was the last time I ever did anything around the house. m

Meredith said...

I always ask Eric to do things because I know he likes doing them, because it's fun for him and because it makes him feel good as a husband and caretaker. I think that's why I ask him to do things. But if I ask and ask and ask and it never happens, that's when I take it upon myself to do it! :)

Anonymous said...

Attitude Change maybe? Who really knows! Things may seem bad for you or not right ,if you look around people always have it much harder then you. Its always like that you just have to be open to see it. If you can see it is humbling, changes self pitty funks really quick. Trust me it works too, just see everything for what it truly is.