January 7, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

It is yet that time of year again. The time of year for wishful thinking and the belief that anything is possible. I am a hopeless believer in the impossible which has led me once again to writing a Resolution List. I had great success with last year's resolutions and am now feeling greatly inspired to have another go at it. I will share it with you, perhaps I'll do better on it publicly than privately. With no further ado, here goes:

1 Go to church every Sunday I possibly can
2 Begin to pay tithing (scary and intimidating)
3 Lose those last 8 pounds . . . or is it 15 now that the holidays are over?
4 Fix the walls in at least 1 room of the house
5 Quit working by September; except for fun
6 Scrapbook 2008, and 2009
7 Go to bed earlier
8 Be a better Mom, and Wife - more compliments, more individual time
9 ---I think that was all, probably not. I forgot where I wrote my original list
10 Be more organized

4 comments from people we love:

Meredith said...

Good for you! I really need to come up with my resolutions. I'm sure that a couple of them would be the same as yours.

And I know about the tithing being scary and intimidating. It was hard for me when I was a new member. But it's so weird...because our finances are tougher when we AREN'T paying it. So we've been doing great with it for a long time running now. Good luck!!!

Ashley Knudson said...

I am aiming to lose weight too lol! Actually I am just calling it a lifestyle change because I want to permanently change the way I eat to just be healthier and I want to start taking care of my body more! lol It's going well so far but it has only been nine days so we'll see! We should try and keep each other on track!

Jen-ben said...

Such good goals! Paying tithing would be scary if you haven't done it in a while. You will be so blessed for it! I can't imagine not paying- even though we have had money troubles the last little while, I know we've been so blessed for paying it.
You are beautiful!!!

chelle said...

The paying tithing will be SUCH a blessing for you. When we get short on money, I always ask Jim, "Are we up to date on our tithing?" If not, we get up to date real quick and things always work out.

You don't look like you need to lose 8 ozs let alone 8 lbs.

I love seeing you at church! m