April 1, 2009

Aquaphor

This is one of the greatest products I have used in a really long time. My SIL told me about Aquaphor one day when I was telling her about Maddox. She said she thought that Every Mom knew about Aquaphor. What? I have NEVER heard of the stuff! I'm hoping I'm not the only Mom out there who hasn't heard of Aquaphor.

At the time, Maddox had a really red, chapped, painful looking circle around his mouth where his binkie touches his skin. He only had his binkie when he was put down for a nap or bedtime and we would take it has soon as he was asleep. That didn't help.

I tried putting chapstick on him and vasoline. Nothing was working. So when I was told about this I was a little skeptical that it would actually work. But she said she swears by it, and it keeps her kids chap-free. She always buys the tubs Aquaphor comes in-but I thought I'd try the chapstick size.

I put it on Maddox as soon as we got in the car. He LOVES having this stuff put on! I put it on him before I gave him his binkie to "create a seal" as my SIL suggested. By the same time the next day he was looking remarkably better. Within 3 days his chapped circle was gone.

I had fought for several months to get rid of Max's chapped mouth to no avail. I now have a tube of Aquaphor in several of my bags and one in the boys sleep room. It always seems like when I need one it is nowhere to be found. Acutally, Maddox really likes to hold it when he sleeps. I pulled his crib out last month and found 3 of our tubes.

So there it is. If you haven't heard of it before go try it. And if you have heard of it . . . why didn't you tell me about it!

3 comments from people we love:

Ashley Knudson said...

I LOVE Aquaphor! I can't believe you haven't seen me whip my tube of it out of my purse before! I use it for my own lips and put it under my eyes at night. I have used it since high school when I was on Accutane. Amazing miracle stuff!

Meredith said...

I've heard of the greatness of this product, though have never went and bought some. I'll have to try it sometime.

chelle said...

I will have to try this out. m