November 16, 2010

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Loaf Bread

Here is the recipe for one of my most favorite fall/winter foods.

1 1/2 cups of sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 2/3 cups flour
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice -or-
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon all spice
2 eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup oil
12 ounces chocolate chips (2 cups)
1/2 cup almonds or walnuts (I prefer to use walnuts) Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in a second bowl. Then combine the ingredients.

Bake at 350 degrees. Ready when toothpick comes out clean.
Regular loaf: 1 hour 15 minutes
Mini loaf: 50 minutes
Muffins: 18-20 minutes
Mini muffins: ~13 minutes

Special notes:
I triple the recipe when I make it. I also add an additional 1 cup of chocolate chips when I triple the recipe - or an additional 1/3 cup of chocolate chips for each regular batch. If you add more than that, it's difficult to tell if the loaf is done cooking because the toothpick always comes out smeared with chocolate.

It's best when served warm. Microwave a slice or a muffin before you eat it. It's also super delicious if you add a smear of butter to it.

The mini muffins are dangerous! They come out bite sized, and it's really easy to eat a dozen of them without realizing what you've done.



Sooooo Yummy.

3 comments from people we love:

Meredith said...

SOOOOOO yummy. :) Thanks, girly!

Rachael said...

The kids whipped up a batch of these muffins after school today.

Jana said...

The beauty of this treat is that it's pretty much tons of chocolate chips kept together my pumpkiny goodness.
The unfortunate thing is that I can easily eat the whole loaf on my own in two days. (I'm on my third loaf in as many weeks...)